Beowulf

Beowulf

Boast

I, Cameron clan of the Thibodaux’s,
Born in the land of swamps and lilies,
Raised in the boot-state,
Descendant of Cajun fisherman and English warriors,
Son of the South’s best, stand before you,
A modern-day Ares,
I excel in the knowledge-halls,
Those sound-scholars have taught well,
Great rewards come from this,
I own the hard-wood floors,
Stealing, shooting, scoring,
Triple-double is what they call it,
No one stops me from reaching the rim,
In return rewards,
Bestowed upon me,
I’m hungry for more,
To the dirt-track I find myself,
I fear no one on dead-jumps,
Beasts of champions past try to pass,
I stand my own,
Jumping, jarring, jolting ramps,
So that I am able to reach that prized checkered-flag,
Several times I win, with this more is received,
More and more is still to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment